So, this is my first shot at blogging. Life has been crazy lately and I need an outlet for my musings. I am a stay at home Mormon Mom who has been taking care of a 5 year old with cancer for the past 9 months. I don't have a ton of close friends where we live and I feel weird about just randomly calling someone from church up and chatting with them. I have thoughts constantly going through my head and I thought this would be a nice outlet.
My then four year old was diagnosed with lymphoma last year. I have an 8 year old as well and a very busy husband who is currently being bothered by his boss at work. He isn't too outgoing and he isn't too chatty. I have come to accept that part of being female means that I need to talk and also to have someone talk back. If you stop by this blog, PLEASE, PLEASE leave a comment. I need interaction and this might be my only place to get it currently.
I am not totally pathetic. I have friends, I don't have depression, I just have thoughts about the world and would like to pass them on.
I promise that future posts will be more on topic. I am just so pleased to start blogging. Also, for privacy sake, the names will be changed to protect the guilty, the annoying and the perfectly nice. My husband is just paranoid about people reading things and judging me. What a nice guy!
I picked out the blog name simply because those are probably the three words that currently define me the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Welcome to blogdom. I think you'll find it theraputic, cathartic, and helpful as far as journaling is concerned. Blogging definitely helps me feel more connected to other women and moms, which is helpful when I'm feeling alone in my craziness, my I'm-a-bad-motherness, etc.!! I look forward to reading more... :)
My cousin has a little 3 year old girl who was just diagnosed with lukemia. It has been interesting to read her comments and yours are inspiring as well. Hope you get your "hair" wishes!
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I too have a child going through chemo. I was diagnosed with 2 years ago with stage 3 breast cancer and just completed 2 years of treatments. My biggest fear was leaving my children without a mother. Little did I know what was ahead. Halfway through my treatments, my 6 year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia(she's 8 now). When the doctors told us I cried hysterically for about a week, but my little girl patted me on the back and told me it was all going to be OK. I had to do chemo myself each week and take care of her. We are truly 2 peas in a pod, both with port-o-caths and both doing chemo at the same time. She still wants to be "just like Mommy". Little did I know that my example of laughing when my husband shaved off my hair would later make it a fun experience for her. Now my biggest fear is not staying well enough to continue to care for her. I too have late nights with many fears and noone to talk to because people really can't stand to hear about it-it's too painful. I have continued working throughout, but from home. I also volunteer a lot and cook for other families with bigger needs (there are so many less fortunate), which is the only thing that makes me feel better. We are both doing great because we've just made up our mind to. I understand your pain. We are all crazy at times, but at times like these we can also be our best and I'm determined to do my best each day so I have no regrets. I wish you strengh and encourage you to keep on going. We'll get through. Hang in there!
Post a Comment