I knew this would happen, I even blogged about it beforehand. My girls are making me crazy!! It's too warm for them to be outside playing all day, plus we need to still be cautious about Fiona, don't want her running a temperature a mere fortnight before we are done and no longer have to be admitted for temps. Moe has had her issues and needed more of my attention and less of their noise, so there has been that, which I am more than happy to do. It just makes dealing with the girls more difficult.
We haven't had a chance to make it out of town, hubby has been to busy to take too many days off. He did get a four day weekend and we were headed South, but Hello Dolly! So, we weren't able to go and play at the beach. Oh and from here on out, Hubby would like to be known as TD or Texas D*** or Texas Daddy. Heehee, much more interesting than Hubby. He has been so overworked and almost grumpy lately that I didn't have a chance to act out the girls' latest behaviors for him, until he came home one day with the attitude of someone who is finally no longer treading deep water. I told him, I needed a positive outlook when he came home because I have almost no one around to cheer me up. Then I told him how Buttercup was keeping Fiona out of the Wii room because she had 'rented' it for the day. Then Fiona 'rented' the study. Then Buttercup was irritated because Fiona didn't want to celebrate Best Friends Day. Then if I hear Fiona say But-ter-CUP one more time, I will literally cut off my own ears.
This is all about keeping it real. My irritation span has grown increasingly short and I am so counting down the days until school starts. Unfortunately we will have some sort of medical thing going on every week, until school starts August 25th. That just can't come soon enough. I no longer have to plan my day around who needs what. Sigh...
***Hubby's real name is under the stars, not trying to make a statement!

2 comments:
My heart goes out to you - we recent Texas transplants know each other's pain! The weather has been horrible for us, and the forecast looks even worse (heat index from 105-108 degrees. ahhhh!). We are all feeling extremely edgy. Looking forward to October/November!
I get really irritated when my children fight, too. It makes me C*R*A*Z*Y
Post a Comment