This is Miss Buttercup's new room. Hubby and I were up until 1am on Christmas Eve because we were putting her stuff together. She wanted a Hannah Montana room, but I didn't want to really pimp it out because you know in a few years she will be horrified by Hannah Montana (sort of like she is about Dora now, even though we have pictures of the Dora cake she had me make her for her 3rd birthday). We found a few cool things from IKEA, I never visited one until we moved here. Lots of it isn't our stuff but it works well for the girls.
In this picture we have this awesome guitar clock I bought at Disneyshopping.com because it was the best Hannah Montana clock I could find. Also, the color, on the walls, in these pictures isn't as dark as it is on the wall. I also found a beaded flower curtain at Target. We took the door off the walk in closet and it makes the room seem even bigger.
She and I had a good time picking stuff out for her room. She got to pick out the color and we surfed for hours on the Internet looking for the perfect polka dotted bedding. But after I while I made it seem like I was too busy to do anything else, so I could put stuff together for a big Christmas surprise. I was pretty bummed when she got up early and saw it before I could show it to her. Fiona gave me a good imitation of her shocked face. So, once again, Buttercup's room is my favorite room in the house. It's so bright and cheerful and frankly I would've liked this room when I was younger.

3 comments:
Decorating kids rooms is so fun. And I firmly belief in accessorizing using theme stuff, not doing the full theme. It makes life easier down the road.
Looks really cute. Girl stuff, a foreign concept. :)
So cute. You're a great mom. I grew up in a pink room, which I hated, but I could never convince my parents to change it. I can just imagine my mom's reaction to a request for a Hannah Montana (or whatever the 1980s equivalent was) room. I like how you kept her room simple, but still made it fun.
How adorable! And it's something she can grow with. I would have loved that room too...especially the beaded curtains. :)
Post a Comment