Friday, June 4, 2010

Entertainment Book

Here is another way I am going to have fun, cheaply, with the girls this summer. First, follow this link to Shop At Home.com. This website gives you money back when you shop through them and you get $5 just for signing up. The nice thing is that often they give things like 25% back for shopping at Old Navy, or some other place that you might often frequent. What a deal! Okay, so I had to plug Old Navy because I just love buying tall shirts on their website.

After you sign up, look for the Entertainment Book on their website. I know, it's that book that little kids are always trying to sell you, only there is no way that you are going to pay $35 or whatever the exorbitant price is. Right now, if you search for this book and scroll down about half way, through the offers, there is a link to buy the book for $12, plus free shipping. If you figure in the $5 you get just for signing up, it's only $7. There are tons of movie coupons and after just one buy one, get one free, the book pays for itself. The neat thing, for us, is that there are only 3 of us, so one of the girls get to bring a friend when we go. There are coupons for other things, so we can be out and decide we want a treat and stop by Shipley's donuts for some free doughnut holes or other neat deals. I am also going to use this to teach the girls how to stretch their fun money. Well, that is, if they had any fun money.

1 comment:

liz said...

You are such a fun mom! I bet your kids really enjoy summer vacation with you. We are just going into "Winter" break down here, and almost all of our American friends go to the States for it. I'm going to have to figure out how to entertain kids here all by myself. There are lots of things to do, but I don't know much Spanish yet, nor do I know my way around that well. Should be fun!