So, this week, I started out great. I did all of my chores on Monday. (Shhh, don't tell TD. I don't want him to think it can all be done in a day.) It turned out well for me that I did that because on Wednesday, I went to Zumba, went to Fiona's class to volunteer and then came home and laid in bed for the rest of the day. I took Thursday and Friday off too.
It happened because, well, first, TD's sleeping habits have been awful and it's made me constantly exhausted. This allowed me to catch Fiona's hacking cold. Which, you know, it's really hard not to kiss on that little girl. She has always been yummy.
Then, my pills, to keep all things girl in check, have gone off the reservation. I mean, I started the beginning of my pill pack with some break through bleeding and then for about 10 days, it's been more like a period, including cramping, but thank heavens, not like an old period. I am just not sure where all of this came from. I am giving myself through tomorrow before calling the doctor and saying uncle. It's been so frustrating.
I decided to take a couple of days off from everything because even though things like working out are healthy, I think they have diminishing returns when your body is seriously depleted. My heart was racing at that last Zumba class and I was just plain exhausted. I also took some medicine. Can I just tell you that liquid Theraflu (looks like Nyquil) is amazing! I got this through couponing at Walgreens for about $1 a bottle and added it to my end of the world stash. I don't like Nyquil very much, it makes me wake up in the middle of the night. This stuff? Was like being hit over the head with a 2x4. The first morning, I woke up and my cold felt 75% better! I took some the next night, just to make sure and my cold is entirely gone. No more sniffles, no more racing heart, no more hacking cough.
It was nice to give myself permission not to do anything. Sometimes, as moms, it seems like it's just easier to power through whatever is going on and hope for the best. It's not like we would send our kids, with a temperature and vomiting, to school, so why would we do that to ourselves? Just because we don't have someone to substitute for us, doesn't mean things can't get slacked off for a bit. And if we do need it, especially being LDS, it always seems like there are someones I can call. (And don't get mad at me, I would've called had I needed anything at all, I promise). But the house was clean, we had food to eat and the girls are fairly self sufficient as well as good companions. There's nothing like curling up with Fiona and watching a Star Wars movie to make you feel better. Hopefully next week will be better, especially since Buttercup turns 11 on Tuesday and Easter is next Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment