Yes, I know I have been one, when it comes to blog writing, this summer. The first 6 weeks were great and this last part has been crazy. The girls were on their best behavior for the first part and lately they have been driving me nuts. The house is always destroyed, which puts me on edge. Then they are bickering. I wouldn't exactly call it fighting, just sort of noisy all of the time.
The Y hasn't settled down at all which has thrown me off as well. Normally, during the summer, we would get up, go swimming, and then go to the Y. But in order to be able to use the Y without being overrun by yelling children and their equally yelling parents, as well as machines being hogged, we really need to get there before 10am. I have given up on Monday and Wednesday Zumba all together for the summer. Having the fire marshal show up and limit them to only 50 people on Monday hasn't worked at all. By the time I can get the girls out of bed, fed and dressed, it's nearly 10am already. That further makes me crazy because TD's alarm gets me up at 6:30 and by 7:30 I am ready to go. Then, we get home and I try to get them to do their chores and try and keep them from totally destroying the house, but between 3 meals and at least one snack, the kitchen is in a perpetual state of gross. We are trying to teach Buttercup how to clean the kitchen and I know that you aren't supposed to go behind them and try to fix stuff, but after arguing several times about what is an acceptable level of clean, not only am I irritated, but still grossed out by the kitchen.
Then, Moe is getting married! That's right, you heard me! So while I am trying to pay off our air conditioner, TD insists that we all have to head out there. Sigh...I totally understand that the girls would be devastated if they couldn't go, but 4 plane tickets weren't on my budget for the year. So, I give in and get us four tickets. Just shortly after, I was eating lunch and I had a crown pop off a tooth... Seriously? I absolutely hate the dentist! Not that I hate her personally, just going there. That was another expenditure that I wasn't planning on.
So, things have been crazy again! Oh and I found a website called House Party.com and they have things that manufacturers want you to throw a party and try out with all of your friends. I signed up for the Play Station 3 party and actually got it. Buttercup wanted to invite her friends and so now I get to throw a party. The website is pretty cool. The Play Station sent us new things that you can't even get in the store yet and the girls tried it out when we got it on Saturday. There are tons of other things that you can sign up to throw parties for. They send all sorts of things to help throw a party.
Lucky for me, there are only 2 weeks left! The first day of school, I am going to my Monday Zumba class again and then I am going to buy myself some lunch and just chill the entire day. I cannot wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This post is filled with ups & downs! Congrats to Moe and congrats on winning the party. That is so cool! Sorry to hear about the crown - dentists are the worst. (Sorry to all the dentists out there) Everytime our dentist goes on vacation, I can't help but think that we paid for that trip. :)
Oh, the bickering! The boys have been perfecting their technique all summer. Summer certainly has its joys and challenges.
While it may not have been planned, enjoy the trip and Moe's wedding.
Sounds like our house! :) That website sounds fabulous...can't wait to check it out. So, when's the party?! :)
So....how do you always get picked for that stuff? Just kidding. House party sounds fun and I too cannot wait till August 23rd. Although I will miss sleeping in. Sigh...
Post a Comment