Buttercup's birthday is next week. She was talking about wanting a party. She was also talking about a Sponge bob birthday, which I am totally cool with. I told TD that we should go to Kemah because they have a Sponge Bob 4D ride there. Plus, a little family hanging out time, it's all good. Well, TD has been working like a mad man and the thought of having to drive somewhere and then walk around, without a sofa and HDTV, makes him want to hide under the bed. So, he asked Buttercup if she wanted a birthday party with some friends, maybe this weekend. The thought of which has made me crazy because I have to find out when friends are available and then plan and execute the party. He says it won't be that bad... sure it won't be, because I will be doing it.
I sat down with Buttercup and talked to her yesterday. I told her my concerns about throwing a shoddy party, when I can promise her a party next year where her friends can all attend and get more than 3 days notice. She was cool with that, she just wanted her birthday to be on Saturday, instead of next Monday. Apparently Sundays and Mondays are not good days for parties. I get that. So, I told her we would party, in and around the house, this Saturday. The school carnival is across the street on that day and she could head over and see her friends.
It's funny how kids can get their own ideas. I had no idea there were bad days for birthdays. I would've loved to have a birthday during the school year.
So, this Saturday, we are going to literally party all day. There will probably be movies and pizza in front of the TV, to make TD happy. There will also be out with friends to make Buttercup extra happy. I just want to see who is going to be the party planner for my birthday, I believe I procured my own cake last year and shared the day with TD...Father's day, it wouldn't take too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My mom and I were just discussing how the women in our family do all the birthday work from buying presents to planning parties. I say if we do the work, we get to determine who/where/what the celebration entails. It sounds like you've reached an excellent compromise and Buttercup will have a wonderful birthday. I hope the same goes for your birthday!
Post a Comment