Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Comments

So, the 12th was National Delurking day. How funny that they have designated a day. I felt like putting up their little button that demands everyone who visits on that day delurk. But then, as I wander through your blogs, I've noticed that not only are people not commenting, they aren't writing on their blogs either. So, I can't feel too put out. If you don't even have the time to write on your own blog, I am sure you aren't browsing through mine.
So far I am having a pretty good week, house-wise. The work is getting done on time or sooner than planned. I usually have a schedule. Monday is Walmart shopping, clothes cleaning and folding and the first vacuum of the week. Tuesday, I iron and dust and head to Costco for the many gallons of milk we drink. Wednesday is usually tile floor cleaning, which is easier, thanks to my handy dandy Floormate. I love this thing. I am not a big fan of mopping. Sweeping I don't mind, but we have something like 900 square feet of tile and I am not mopping all of that. Thursday is bathrooms, not my favorite. When we were moving, I told TD I didn't want more than 2 bathrooms because I wasn't cleaning that much. We did add a powder room to that, but at least there isn't a tub or shower to clean.
On Friday, I vacuum again and take care of anything I might've forgotten or needed to add during the week. This Monday I was so industrious that I managed to do my ironing as well, clearly I was on fire.
I was wondering why I was so on top of things and I realized this has been the first time in a long time that I didn't have another thing going on top of regular life. No chemo schedule to track, including small people needing to stay home due to the effects. No hurricane tearing up my yard and leaving me without electricity, no major health problems of my own, no school vacations. Of course, next week is MLK day and then the first week of February Fiona has another scan, which necessitates an all day visit to the hospital.
Oh, another reason why things are going well, I have found a whole bunch of interesting books and am consuming them like wildfire. Part of my rehab back at the Y has been the bicycle and it's perfect to sit and read my current book.
So, I guess I am not writing as much because life is good. New shows on TV, new books from the library, plenty of time alone. Now if the arctic blast would just go back the way it came. There was ice on my magic school bus this morning and my toes are frozen!

6 comments:

Trina said...

Dang! I missed delurking day! (You know, so I could demand it on my own blog.)

I dream of being disciplined and organized enough to clean the same things the same day each week. Instead I get caught up in extracurricular projects and then run around putting out housekeeping fires. (Actually exinguished real flames last week in the oven that clearly needs a cleaning cycle.)

Anonymous said...

I read every one of your posts and rarely comment. I am a big lurking loser. :)

Katrina said...

I've been a total blog slacker lately... still haven't got back in the swing after the holidays.

juli said...

Good kick in the butt - thanks!
You are so organized - I am way impressed with your schedule.

Lori said...

You are a cleaning machine! The schedule is beyond impressive.

Between illnesses and moving and painting and all the other stuff you've been dealing with, a normal day must feel a little abnormal.

Kelly(M&M) said...

I am hanging my head in shame!! I will definitely comment more. I LOVE reading your posts. I am very impressed with your cleaning schedule. And, what a great thing that your life is somewhat "normal" right now. Such a blessing. And yes, I need to update my blog!