So, I remember telling hubby that the 2 and a half hours of kindergarten weren't nearly enough. But today, I really had my first day of freedom and I cannot describe the joy of doing what I wanted for that length of time. I went to Winco for what has to be the shortest trip ever. I wasn't waiting for short legs to keep up, or arranging food around someone sitting in the cart. No one distracted me or asked for 10,000 inappropriate things. Then I drove to Barnes and Noble, where joy of joys, I got to browse for what I needed. Bookstores are hard with Fiona. She won't stay put and she rearranges a good portion of the inventory. Buttercup, on the other hand, has recently discovered the joys of a good bookstore and is a good companion.
Then I drove down to Fry's, of the previous post. I only went in for a DVD. I had no problem buying it. They had James Bond DVDs for $5.99. I couldn't resist a copy of Goldeneye. Then I went to Riteaid and picked up a prescription and then I got the car washed. I got to listen to music as loudly as I wanted, and after all of this, I still had time to stop at the house, unload most of the groceries and arrive early to pick her up. It was great.
We put the house on the market last week and have had four people come by and see the house and another visit postponed. Hopefully, the house will be snapped up soon. There are two ladies who love it and just have to convince someone that they need to buy it. Let me know if you want the rmls number and I will send it to you. It looks so pretty. We haven't had any negative feedback, which is good. Our timeline is just so narrow! Hubby is the most stressed out and I hope we get an offer soon, especially for his sake. I did sell his car this week, which was great!

4 comments:
Nothing quite so sweet as kid-free time, especially when you don't have any babysitter expense or guilt. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your house. Good luck :)
Hi! I don't know your name and I blog hopped onto your blog somehow, but I live in Houston, and I've lived in 3 areas of Houston (3 stakes too)if you have any questions about the areas or anything, i'd be glad to help! Good luck with your move! (My brother served his mission in portland, I'm not sure where you live... but needless to say, he loves oregon!
You deserve your freedom! You have earned it. :-) I still remember Fiona stealing cheerios from Dallin. She's come along way, hasn't she? What wonderful kids you have.
Tara- You don't know me, but I know that you blog hopped to this one through Sarah. (Suziepetunia) Just in case you were wondering!!
Tara is a friend of my sister's. There are so many people I could connect you with in the Houston area! You are all set!
I can't believe you will be leaving so soon. Will you be able to make it to one more book club? I hope so. You are going to be missed terribly!
Post a Comment