Friday, August 24, 2007

Here We Go again


So, I just finished posting about Buttercup and now Fiona is running a temperature. Children's Oncology has a policy where if you run a temperature of 100.5 you have to come in. Fiona has been flirting with that number. She feels fine, just that darn temperature. It's weird, in a way, I have been waiting for that to happen. All of our little friends have been admitted for some sort of sickness or another. It's really been a miracle that she has gone for over a year with a severely compromised immune system and not gotten sick. When I was doing chemo, I had three months of hard chemo and during that time, I developed a bleeding ulcer, a high fever of unknown origin and impetigo. That was just three months. Of course, I had 5 siblings at the time. So, part of me feels like fear of the unknown is just as bad as nothing happening. Then again, we don't want to be admitted.
She is sleeping now. I suppose we will have to wait and see how she is in the morning. Last summer she did this off and on when it got hot outside. I hope everything is back to normal in the morning. We have a playdate with friends from church tomorrow and both girls need to get out of the house.

2 comments:

liz said...

I'm so blase (is that how you spell that?) about kids and bugs, I don't even know where my thermometer is -- I just do the back of my hand "oh he's a little warm, maybe some Tylenol" treatment. You have to be so much more careful than that. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Lori said...

Our little one had a temp that bounced between 97 and 101 during chemo depending on which thermometer we used. Finally we called and were admitted for 2 weeks. The worst part was that she never had a fever while at the hospital! After that we invested in the same thermometer the hospital uses. The difference between 100.4 and 100.5 doesn't seem like a big deal until you spend weeks in the hospital!

I hope her fever dropped and she's feeling better. But...don't take any risks. Of course you don't need me to tell you that! I'm impressed she's managed to avoid any bugs until now!!! Do you own stock in Purell?